Followers

Friday, March 16, 2018

"All Better" Book Review




For the first time ever, I've found a book that our Grandson will sit and listen to me read! I was so excited as  he usually just takes his board books and dumps them out of their cases and puts them back in the case... just to do it all over again and again.

This last week, I decided to pull down a different book from my Usborne Books & More collection.  I chose to attempt reading "All Better" by  Henning Löhlein and Published by Kane Miller (the More in Usborne Books & More).  David LOVED this book!  What made this book more enjoyable to our 2 year old grandson was the 5 plastic bandages which are reusable stickers.  As I  read the story, David was able to care for 5 animals who end up with "boo boos".  Bear sits on a splinter, elephant steps on it's trunk, dog hurts his paw...   David was able to remove the coordinating bandage from the front of the book in order to care for each animal...  Just "Wash it. Kiss it. Put a bandage on it. All Better!
20728146_1737979709563053_6797193224948586095_nThis is a great book to teach your little one about empathy and compassion! It keeps their interest, and is just plain fun to read. It's repetitive phrases helps a new reader become more confident in reading when reading along with mom or dad whoever is reading to them or while reading on their own.
It is also great for teaching color knowledge as well as matching skills. Each bandage has it's own color and a picture of the animal which it is to be used on.
As an added note, if the bandages loose their stickiness, just wash them with a bit of cold water and they are good as new!
I highly recommend this book for all the little one's in your life!





4 comments:

  1. This is a fun activity book for my small busy kids! Getting them to sit through story time is always difficult. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It has been so hard to get my grandson to sit through story time, so was excited when he enjoyed this book! Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your blog. I love the fact it's Encouraging reading. I am the of a non profit geared to improve literary and literacy in the community. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your help in the fight against illiteracy! It is such an important mission we have. Thank you for your comments.

      Delete